What other components should this project create?

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2007 at 3:42 PM
We understand that this project does not currently provides as many components when compared to the Jakarta Commons. We also realised that not all Jakarta Commons component will map well in the .Net world. However, we are always on the lookout for building reusable components and would love to hear any suggestions. It will be even better if any of you out there creating such components to come under the Dotnet Commons umbrella.
May 24, 2007 at 1:54 PM
In IO -> copy locked (in use) files ...
Developer
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2007 at 3:19 PM
I think Collections and Pool are needed in .NET, don't you think?
Or am I missing something already provided by MS?

Cheers!
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2007 at 9:32 AM

juan_tula wrote:
I think Collections and Pool are needed in .NET, don't you think?
Or am I missing something already provided by MS?

Cheers!

Pool is a great candidate, I am not so sure about Collections. I am looking at what Jakarta Commons Collections provide that is not in the .Net Framework 2.0. There might be great CollectionUtils out there, Perhaps you can suggest what can be included into the Collections :)
Developer
Jul 9, 2007 at 3:23 PM
I think we must add those interfaces that are not present in .NET, like ISet and IBag.
Also, I think the remove operation in Iterator (wich sould be derived from IEnumerator) is very useful, but we should see how to incorporate it, because IEnumerator is very restrictive about this.
LinkedList is missing from non-generic namespace (System.Collections), so I think must be added.
We should think about creating two implementations, a generic one, and a standard one, just like the framework itself, to provide a set of utilities for 1.0 or 1.1 users, in adittion to a specialized implementation for 2.0 folks.
In Java development, I use a lot all of the *Utils classes, and also the specialized implementations of common interfaces (like LRUMap, CompositeCollection, etc).
I should make a comprehensive analysis of Jakarta's elements, to determine exactly what should be included...
Jul 29, 2008 at 7:15 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2008 at 7:18 PM
If you are interested on

I ported some classes on commons collection to C#. Basically, I worked on "org.apache.commons.collections.comparators". Here is the association:

DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.BooleanComparer  -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.BooleanComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.ComparableComparer -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.ComparableComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.ComparerChain -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.ComparatorChain
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.GenericComparer<T> -> New (Encapsulate a IComparer<T> into IComparer)
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.PropertyComparer* -> org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.NestedPropertyComparer* -> org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.NullComparer -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.NullComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.ReverseComparer -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.ReverseComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.TransformingComparer -> org.apache.commons.collections.comparators.TransformingComparator
DotnetCommons.Collections.Comparers.UngenericComparer<T> -> New (Encapsulate a IComparer into IComparer<T>)
DotnetCommons.Collections.ComparerUtils -> org.apache.commons.collections.ComparatorUtils
DotnetCommons.Collections.ITransformer -> org.apache.commons.collections.Transformer

*I think this are most appropriate for "DotnetCommons.Collections.Reflection" namespace.

How can I post the project?

Cheers!