Dotnet Commons Project is an open source project which focus on all aspects of reusable .Net components. Taking after the
concept, this project also aims to provide some of the commonly used utilities not available in the .Net Framework Base Class Library (BCL).
The goal of Dotnet Commons project is to become an extension of the .NET Framework's BCL that provides support for the generally useful low-level features that are missing from the BCL. The project is also dedicated to the principal of creating and maintaining
reusable .Net components.
Dotnet Commons Project is a place for collaboration and sharing, where developers from throughout the .Net community can work together on projects to be shared by the .Net projects and users.
Dotnet Commons is organised into different logical components. These components act as extensions to the .Net BCL:
||(Proposed) Active Directory Utilities
||Application configuration functions on top of System.Configurations including INI, Window Registry and Xml formats.
||(Proposed) Cryptography, Hashing and text obfuscation Utilities.
||Wrapper around DataSet, DataTables, etc
||A collection of I/O related utilities.
||Extended functionality for Base classes such as System.Type and System.Object, and value types.
||Wrapper around a variety of logging API implementations.
||Easy-to-use wrappers around the System.Reflection and introspection APIs.
||Web related utilities
||Extension to the System.Xml classes and Xml related utilities.
||XML-to-object mapping utility.
- 2009-11-28 - Reviving the project.
- 2007-05-23 - Commons IO (v2.0.02) has just been released. This version contains quite a number of new methods ported from Jakarta Commons IO.
- XmlDigester v22.214.171.124 has just been released. This minor release contains a minor bug fix. Many thanks to Benoit Kack for discovering the bug and provided us with suggested fix.
For complete list of News items, go to the
- We are still in the process of moving our projects from GotDotNet to CodePlex! Stay tuned for the latest happenings. We are currently in the process of migrating the entire project across and will endeavour to do so ASAP.
Originally hosted in GotDotNet as:
- Dotnet Commons (for .Net framework 1.1)
- Dotnet Commons 2.0 (for .Net framework 2.0)
The projects are migrated and consolidated into this project here in CodePlex when Microsoft decided to shutdown GotDotNet. However, we endeavour to continue our path and what we have set out to achieve for this project in this new Open Source host site.
Want to join the Dotnet Commons project?
CodePlex does not provide a button or a link to create a request to join a project, so please send us an
with your CodePlex user name if you wish to join the Dotnet Commons project.